"Not all those who wander are lost."

J R R Tolkien

HOME...................................................EMAIL: joel.delorme@btopenworld.com............................................. MY WEBSITE

2 December 2010

Canoe at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London???

 I recently received this very interesting Email from a researcher from the V&A Museum in London.

Dear Mr Delorme
I am currently conducting research on behalf of the Victoria & Albert
Museum, London, for a forthcoming show slated for Sept 2011 about
skills and making. At this stage of our reseach, we would like to
inquire about the availability of one of your bespoke canoes found
through: http://www.birchcanoes.com/bespoke.htm

Could you please let us know what the availability of the piece is --
is there one already built , for example. It would be great if you
could also share with us some basic object information such as
dimenions, materials used and weightage.

Many thanks for your help with this. Please do not hesitate to contact
me if you have any questions at this time.



The canoe in question is this one. I built it a few years ago now.








I am really pleased my work interested the researcher enough that it might be part of a show at the V&A !

I hope something will come out of this.

3 comments:

  1. Good going out will be good coming back. I am convinced you deserve that, given the looks alone.;-)

    I´d also love to see that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Markus. Even if nothing comes out of it for me personally, it is still gratifying to attract that sort of interest. And also,it maybe that working with your hands is not perceived as inferior to working with your head quite as much than it's been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart looking canoe, good luck.
    http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete